TYPE B3 - BEAMS&RAFTERS
Reclaimed Beams & Rafters, hand-hewn
Our antique beams, Type B3, come with a hand-hewn surface, are kiln-dried (heat treatment against pest infestation), brushed and ready to mount.
- Type of wood: spruce / fir / pine
- Colour: mixed shades
- Dimensions: 10/12 – 24/26 cm
- Lengths: 0.5 – 13.0m
- Notches and bungholes allowed
- Surface: brushed
- Treatment: kiln dried
- Denailed by sight
- Optional: free from notches and bungholes
- Optional: untreated material (not dried and brushed)
Beams and rafters s from solid oak can be found here.
Our reclaimed hand-hewn beams have been carved from tree trunks using a traditional broadax.
The traces of the ax have created a unique surface which varies depending on the light. Warm shades of light to dark brown have developed on the surface over the years due to the natural weahtering.